Subject: Re:[Leica] Refinished LTM bodies
From: Evilboy <BernardDelgado@excite.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 16:52:33 -0700 (PDT)

I've been watching Youxin's stuff on ebay for the last few months.
Previously he was sanding the chrome off old leicas. He only paints the
IIIC, IIIF, IIIG.
Since he recently set up to properly have the old chrome stripped by
chemicals, I've gotten really interested in having him do a camera for me.
Also, he can replace shutters w/ red curtains, which I'll have him do for my
IIIC very soon.
I havent seen his stuff in person, but he seems devoted & is steadily
refining his work. He bakes a camera for 24 hours in enamel in the classic
Leica method. He seems determined to take ugly cameras & provide a trophy
piece that a user can go out & shoot.
I cant wait til he starts painting M3. I have a battered M3 that he will
re-paint.
- -Bernard who loves his originalblackIII