Subject: [Leica] Visoflex
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 08:40:29 -0700

Dominique PELLISSIER wrote:
> And, at the end of the fifties, Ernst Leitz III did not believe in a reflex
> camera. A M with a Visoflex2 was so good...

Hi Dominique,

     At the time, the Visoflex did have the edge over SLRs with long telephoto
lenses becaause of the bigger reflex mirror which, I'm told, did not
black out part of the view.  This situation changed quickly, however.
I've not used a Visoflex with a telephoto, but I'd enjoy hearing from
those who have or still are using the Visoflex.

     Gee, you could gear up with a Leica M, Visoflex and Novoflex, the
system with the trigger and bellows for telephoto work.  It's not hard to
see why big fast reflex telephotos with autofocus are popular.

			Cheers,

					Rich Lahrson
					tripspud@wenet.net