Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Photgraphig Photographers
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 14:05:24 -0700

> > You're probably right but I just consider it poor form. We are there to
> > RECORD the event -- not to BE the event. I guess I just think using photos of
> > journalists as "news" destroys the illusion that we're just observers . . .
> > Besides, there seems to be a natural animosity between still and TV shooters

Hi,

     I watch the Deutsche Welle news here in the US, to help keep my German
exercised.  I've noticed that they'll often include pan shots from the press
to the 'event', sort of showing the full picture.  In the TV news in the US,
I don't see this.  Also, on the German news, if there's an event, the spot
will often include a zoom in on a map, giving a fuller picture of geography.
No wonder Jay Leno's jaywalk runs into people who don't know Africa is
a continent....

    Anyway, as a photographer, I like to see what gear is being used.
Not that there are any suprises, usually wonderbricks with motor/flash.

						Cheers,

							Rich Lahrson
							tripspud@wenet.net