Subject: Re: [Leica] Forget about depth of field scales
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 09:55:13 -0700

Mike Quinn wrote:

> Oops. Sorry. On rereading the below I realized that my previous calculation
> was in error.
>
> Since the cow has to be smaller than the aperture number, my lens will have
><Snip>

I don't get it are these peoples clouds to soft looking?
Why kiss off a sharp foreground by focusing at infinity????.
If I'm shooting at f11 I'll stick the infinity symbol in one at f8 if I want to
make sure to get some interesting clouds in the picture as well.
Otherwise I set it right at f11 and never had a speck of trouble and I make very
large blowups sometimes!
I suppose they call that the hyperfocal focusing technique and it works for this guy!
Mark Rabiner