Subject: RE: [Leica] Summicron 50
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 07:44:31 -0500

> I have a chrome Summicron 2/50 (latest
> with telescopic hood), when I turn the aperture ring it is moving
> somewhat less tightly (smoother or maybe looser) than at my regular
> black summicron 2/35 asph.

This is a complaint I have with some of my Leica lenses.  Some of my lenses
have nice firm aperture stops, and some feel like a breeze could change the
aperture.  I don't like that inconsistency between lenses.  I do not
believe it is 'correct' for them to be 'loose', but, for the most part, I
can live with it.

75/1.4 Summilux - very good
50/2.8 Elmar collapsible - good
50/1.4 Summilux - loose