Subject: [Leica] Tempe Camera
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 07:03:40 -0500

Dear LUG,

Are any of you familiar with Tempe Camera of Arizona?
After Howard recommended a N**** Action Touch as a waterproof camera, I
went looking for a used one on the internet and found one at Tempe Camera
for $299.  I called about it and the salesman said he would call
back.  When he called back he said that they had sold that particular
camera but that they had another one for $389.  This camera was on
consignment and therefore not covered by their warranty.  I said, "You mean
if I buy the camera and it's a piece of junk when I get it, I can't get my
money back?"  He said, "That's about it."

Isn't this called "Bait and switch?"

They have a few Leitz lenses listed in their used miscellaneous 35mm so I
thought I'd warn you.

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP