Subject: Re: [Leica] "Stock" options
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 06:17:19 +0200

Gerry,

How is the speed of this program, and does it do good thumbnails? I have tried
Thumbs Plus, which is OK but quite slow when doing a contact sheet from a CD
with 50 MB+ files. The contact sheet feature in Adobe Photoshop 5.5 is quite
useless as you cannot even vary the font size so that if you have a file name
longer than 8 characters it is lost. I am always in search of a good thumbnails
program.

Nathan

Gerry Walden wrote:

> I have to agree with the other LUGers who have recommended the Extensis
> Portfolio program.   I use it extensively and I am now in a position to post
> people (clients etc.) an indexed catalogue of both my slide library and my
> monochrome work in searchable form on CD rom.   I am also in a position to
> upload the same catalogues onto my web site should I so wish.   You are not
> limited to the number of entries nor to the number of 'keywords' and you can
> add searchable titles to you work.   I know of no other program as good as
> is this and would thoroughly recommend it.   I am using it on a Windows 98
> system.
>
> Regards
>
> Gerry

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland
e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch
General photo page: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator
Belgium photo page: http://members.xoom.com/wajsman