Subject: [Leica] Re: 25mm f4 Skopar
From: Doug Cooper <visigoth@echonyc.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 21:03:37 -0500 (EST)

This is a *far* more useful lens than the 15mm (and I regularly do
architectural work, including interiors).  While I like the Heliar, it is
an odd beast, and limited to situations that require an extreme lens.
For a long time I shot with a N***n 24mm as a normal lens, and I could see
doing the same with the Skopar, if I still favored a wide lens. (My
current work seems to lean more heavily on 50mm lenses and the occasional
short tele.)  But I could never imagine anyone using the Heliar as an
all-purpose tool.

I've never figure out how to remove the hood on the Skopar, by the
way.  Is mine simply screwed on extremely tightly?  (I'm nervous about
twisting too hard; don't want to loosen the barrel.)

Douglas Cooper