Subject: [Leica] Fixing Slow Speed on IIIf
From: Doug Cooper <visigoth@echonyc.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 20:22:30 -0500 (EST)

Sherry sent me the following message regarding the slow shutter speeds on
my IIIf, which have seized up:

>I would get a can of dust-off, and blow into the slow speed...located
>right at the bottom of the camera underneath the black light shield at
>the 6 o'clock position.

I'm having a hard time decyphering this (and Sherry's disappeared to
Houston for a bit).  The "black light shield" -- is that the thing with
the leader instructions printed on it?  And I assume she means 6 o'clock
on the lens mount... but there doesn't seem to be anything there to blow
air into, even after removing this printed cover at the bottom.  (I
know what the slow speed *spring* is, and it seems to be tensioned
properly, away from the bottom.)  Any help would be appreciated.

Douglas Cooper