Subject: Re: [Leica] Er, shame on my off-topic post
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 12:45:01 -0800

ad- another LUGger that has built up bicycle wheels!
I mention this because when I was about 12 years old, I and my friends were
always tinkering with our bikes. We dis-assembled the Bendix hubs and
regularly repacked them with Vaseline- the only brake in the world that
works better when packed in grease!
I took a wheel apart one time and asked my dad if he could help me re
assemble it- I was at the stage where I figured dad's went to some kind of
boot camp where they were trained in every contignecy!
He said, "Son, it'd take a Philadelphia Lawyer to but that back together!"
Well- it wasn't until I was in College that I learned to rebuild a bicycle
wheel, and I did manage to do it, and get it dished right for the rear hub I
used without a law degree, but it was a chore. I am amused that the same
sort of eccentricity runs with other members!
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
Dan ( Double butted Etoile spoke dittos, over three!) Post