Subject: RE: [Leica] Photos on the Web calling troll
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 23:59:12 -0500

> This is really getting solidly into the area in my opinion of intense and
> outrageous provocation to the list!!
> Your just playing with us Austin! Having too much fun at our expense!
> Of course there is a good section of us who are professional
photographers.
> 	...Who are getting the sneaky feeling that you are not exactly on our
side.
> I gotta call troll here. This is a troll.

This was not a troll.  I am not playing or (intentionally) having fun at
anyone's expense.  I am dead serious on my belief of the absurdity of
anyone being paid what they ask for doing a job, then believing they have
some rights (by law) to what they were paid to do.

The point of my absurd post you reference (compensate the caterer) is
really not so absurd.  It was purely to illustrate how broad this
'artistic' claim can get.  If one profession is given this  'right' all
professions should be given this 'right'.  I truly am interested in civil
discourse on this subject, but the 'opposition' doesn't want to give any.

I do respect, and appreciate people's opinions, and insight...but when the
only defense given is insult, that hardly make for civil discourse.