Subject: Re: [Leica] describing the visual difference
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 19:10:17 +0100

Justin,

If YOU can see the difference, does it really matter if other can? At the end
of the day you are taking pictures for your own satisfaction. FWIW, last
weekend I had a roll of Provia F slides on the light table, taken with the M6
and mostly the 35mm and 50mm Summicrons. My wife came by, glanced at the slides
and said, "My God, they are so clear". This was her way to express the
appreciation of Leica glass. You do not have to explain everything
scientifically.

Nathan

brice777@yahoo.com wrote:

> For years I've debated what really is the visual difference between a Nikon
> or Canon image vs a Leica image. Louping a chrome, the difference is
> perfectly clear, but I don't know how to describe the difference in words -
> it's something greater than sharpness, there is a certain feel and texture
> to the Leica image...
>
> can anyone accurately (and even better, scientifically) describe what the
> difference is?
>
> I'm getting tired of telling people "that's Leica glass...", without being
> able to provide some real insight.
>
> rgds,
> Justin

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch