Subject: [Leica] Photos on the Web and complainers
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 18:14:54 GMT

Hans, don't take the comments personally or seriously.  One thing to look at
is wether the complainers are members of the Leica users community.  If not
then their opinion doesn't mean a damned thing.  If they ARE members and
they have a problem then they should sign off and start their own darned web
page (from which their images can STILL be hoisted at will by imaginary Big
Brother Billionaires who have nothing to do with their time but check out
our snapshots).

I for one think the Leica Users Community has been a great thing.  It is a
place for people who like USING their cameras to share the results, without
becomming a master of HTML. If anybody out there thinks that their
photographs are just a pot of gold waiting to be spent they should be
talking to magazine publishers and not griping on the lug.  For the rest of
us folks firmly based in reality this is the only Leica based web photo
forum available.

Certainly it is your decision wether this has been worth it for you. I can
just bet it has been a hassle.  From the standpoint of a member however, I
have enjoyed it and will continue to do so as long as it is available.

Dan States
chicago illinois