Subject: Re: [Leica] Two questions now 135 Hektor
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:21:51 EST

<<Very interesting. The author (I forget his
name) comments on the 135 mm f4.5 Hektor - "forget about that one." Why,
what's the problem with that lens?>>

Kurt,

I can't speak scientificaly, and this is the only lens I have in this focal
length.  I bought a user Hektor on ebay recently for a good price, and have
played around with it a bit, and have to say that I like the look of it for
portraits.  Not as sharp as the other 135's I'm sure, but it seems to render
faces as sharp enough while downplaying imperfections.  Bokeh also looks
nice.  I'm  going to try it with a blue filter (on black & white) to simulate
orhtochromatic film-I'll be ready for Hollywood in the '30's!  I'd be curious
to hear what other people think of this lens.

Richard Wasserman