Subject: [Leica] canon & leitz LTM prices?
From: Evilboy <BernardDelgado@excite.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 22:45:28 -0800 (PST)

Well, I've seen a Canon 50/1.8 in NJ for $125 and recently saw one on Ebay
go for $91
My best buy on a leitz 50mm was a few weeks ago in Philly. A very clean,
coated summitar for $135.
A few years ago before Leica introduced the 24ASPH, I acquired a canon
25/3,5 & finder for $750. I was happy since they often listed for $1K thru
SHutterbug, but now the Voigtlndr 25/4 is going for half that. But that
Cosina lens doesnt have coupled focusing. 8)
I'm often told by Pros to grab the canon lenses. But they are often pricier
that most remember. Tho they are still generally less $ than a leitz optic,
depending on condition.

None of the canon 35 lenses that I've seen have compared in price to a 35/2
summicron in LTM.

But I know at least one other lugger who also uses the jupiter35/2.8 on his
M6. I've got some beautiful kodachromes w/ that lens.
- -Bernard evil abuser of leicas.