Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 35/1.4 ASPH vs Noct
From: "Jacques Bilinski" <jbilin@axionet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 00:56:07 -0800

> Ignoring the mass of the camera/lens combo, the camera will be subjected
> the same angular movement that is the cause of (stationary) image blur
> during slow shutter speed shots no matter the focal length. To what degree
> that blur is recorded on film depends on  the magnification, which
> increases with focal length and decreasing camera to subject distance. If
> you offset the focal length difference by moving closer, thus maintaining
> magnification, you will also have the same image blur.

Are you saying that if you can handhold a 'head and sholders portrait' with
a 90mm lens at 1/125s then that means you can handhold a 'head and sholders
portrait' with a 2000mm lens at 1/125s? Something isn't right here. Maybe
I'm misinterpreting what is being said.

P.S. Sorry Ted. (plus it dark out and I don't use twinky flashes)