Subject: [Leica] the chimps of Ngomo
From: "Jacques Bilinski" <jbilin@axionet.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:39:06 -0800

> << Still, very few of the animals around here use the M3.
> So far only the apes have thumbs, and they still have trouble with film
>  >>
> So they probably use the Konica RF or Contax G then right?

The term primate is considered to include Homo Sapiens.

On that note, have you been subscribed to the LUG for the last little while?
Jane Goodall would be fascinated. I suppose this shouldn't be too surprising
given that we share a majority of our genetic code with chimpanzees. Still,
it's a little disturbing.

Here's something I found on The Jane Goodall Institute's Center For Primate
Studies site a few days ago. At the time I first saw this it was a lot more
relevant than it eventually turned out to be. It is intended in good humour.
I swear I'm not making this up:

One of the most famous cases of a chimp rising quickly to the top was Mike's
case. Mike was a small chimp with a quick wit. He collected empty kerosene
cans laying around the camp and displayed with them by rolling them ahead of
him. They made a fearful noise, and none of the others wanted to stand up to
his displays. He became alpha male and kept the position even after the
kerosene cans were removed from the camp site.
<<<<<

Boy, these bananas are good.