Subject: [Leica] More hoodwinks and shenanigans
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 16:36:12 +0000

Ed B.: >>>I've not been following this thread at all (I've only known
$5,000 as
Monopoly money for the past year of so <s>) but does anyone know how
common
or valuable the hood for the 2.1cm f/4 Nikkor SLR lens is compared to
the
2.1 RF hood? I'm having my lens recoated by Malcolm Taylor over here in
the
UK (I'm, and it's, basically a "user" not a "collector") but I've had a
well-known dealer offering me £100 sight-unseen for the scratched
hood...
and he simply wasn't interested in the lens, finder, caps or case at
all.
I turned the offer down but this thread has aroused my ($$$-sign)
curiousity!<<<

I have no idea. I'm still getting over the $5,555 paid for the RF
version. Anyone know?

- --Mike