Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Opinion on light meter
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 04:41:21 -0800

Jeff Moore wrote:

> 2000-03-12-23:36:40 Xavier Planellas:
> > I'm looking to buy a new meter for working with my Leica M2.
> [...]
> > What do you recommend ??
> >
> > A.- Sekonic L-308BII
> > B.- Sekonic L-408
> > C.- Minolta Autometer IVF
> > D.- Others
>
> I'd go with `Other': check out the Gossen Luna Pro digital F.  After
> several years of using a Sekonic, I realized that its turn-on delay
> was getting on my last nerve -- I wanted to whip out the meter, grab a
> reading, and stuff the meter away again.  The Gossen grabs a reading
> almost immediately from a cold start, and is conveniently slim.
>
> For what it's worth, I've always found rotating heads just something
> more to fiddle with; it seems more natural to me just to contort my
> wrist to get the meter pointing where it ought.

Put my vote in as well on the Gossen Luna Pro digital F.
I've been using it the last two days with a borrowed Hasselblad Superwide.
Light as a feather and fits in my top shirt pocket, the cord is around my neck.
Been using it on EV mode for the Hasselblad, love that.
Works great in the studio with the strobes.
The incident readings match up nicely with what i think a neutral grey might be.
And it's angle is 20 degress; much less than most such meters.
Mark Rabiner