Subject: [Leica] Re: Opinion on light meter
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 01:46:17 -0500

2000-03-12-23:36:40 Xavier Planellas:
> I'm looking to buy a new meter for working with my Leica M2.
[...]
> What do you recommend ??
>
> A.- Sekonic L-308BII
> B.- Sekonic L-408
> C.- Minolta Autometer IVF
> D.- Others

I'd go with `Other': check out the Gossen Luna Pro digital F.  After
several years of using a Sekonic, I realized that its turn-on delay
was getting on my last nerve -- I wanted to whip out the meter, grab a
reading, and stuff the meter away again.  The Gossen grabs a reading
almost immediately from a cold start, and is conveniently slim.

For what it's worth, I've always found rotating heads just something
more to fiddle with; it seems more natural to me just to contort my
wrist to get the meter pointing where it ought.