Subject: Re: [Leica] Epson 1270
From: Johnny Deadman <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 06:29:29 +0000

on 16/3/00 3:29 pm, Pascal at cyberdog@tijd.com wrote:

> All you wanted to know about the new Epson photo printer 1270 at:
> http://www.epson.co.uk/options/consum/lfast.htm
>
> Especially interesting is the 10 year longevity of prints. Good, but not
> yet good enough to replace traditional prints I am afraid.

The 10-15yr figure is for colour prints. I have traditional colour prints
which have faded faster. If you print bw with quadtones and use the
emulsion-type inks rather than dye-based ones, I have heard 100 - 150 yr
longevity figures quoted.
- --
Johnny Deadman

photos:      http://www.pinkheadedbug.com