Subject: [Leica] 'prime' lenses WAS 50mm f1.5 Nokton question
From: Johnny Deadman <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:21:50 +0000

on 15/3/00 2:08 pm, Jeremy Kime at jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk wrote:

> Horst,
> I think that one of the very distinctive things that Cosina have achieved is
> promote this impression of 'retro-ness'. The weird numbers of the maximum
> apertures certainly adds top this. I would have much preferred f1.4, f2, and
> f2.8 but where would the quirkyness and (perverse) attrraction be in that?

Tom A told us a funny story about a friend of his who only collects 'prime'
lenses, in the sense that their focal length or max aperture is a prime
number. Thus, he has a fine collection of 13, 19, 23, 37 and 53 lenses etc,
with apertures of 1.9, 2.9 and so on.

- --
Johnny Deadman

photos:      http://www.pinkheadedbug.com