Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: concert shooting (was Leica Camera-Handling)
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 09:37:21 -0800

I just shot some rock and rollers here in my studio/house a few weeks back. A
rock group.
They said the liked a certain shot of Patty Smith.
I knew it was by Mappelthourp and what that wanted was "fine-art" quality not a
stupid band shot.
But I did use strobe light instead of natural light.
And these four guys did not look like Patty Smith.
And do not look like Mapplethorp.
But i think I came out OK on it.
Used the 50 Summicron instead of a short tele for some intimacy I don't usually get.
Bounced a Balcar off the center of the white ceiling in a 3 fool pool of light.
Mark Rabiner
Delta 100 in Xtol 1:3