Subject: Re: [Leica] tele-elmarit 90
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 09:24:48 -0800

><Snip>
>
> The "skinny" Tele-Elmarit came with a collapsible rubber hood of rather
> crude design, though the standard 12575 hood will fit, and the 12575 new
> costs around $60 the last time I checked.  Dealers do not realize these are
> still available, and often charge far more for used ones.
>
> Marc

I had both hoods, the rubber and the large felt interiored substantial hood
which would reverse over the lens.
It is such a substantial hood that I would think even a flairy low contrast lens
would be brought into gear.
Not the case though I never did use it without the big hood and this particular
lens made for images at ANY F stop that were VERY soft and low contrast.
I am now suspecting (on this historic event) micro etching and veiling which I
heard talked about by Richard Knoppow on others on the RUG.
It always looked clear to me looking through it with a small penlight at the
other side.
Mark Rabiner