Subject: Re: [Leica] tele-elmarit 90
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 12:14:26 -0700

I like mine a great deal. This is the one lens that has consistently
produced results that others have commented on in my projected slides.
Things are a touch soft wide open and close but that is the way my eyes are
going anyway. :-) I find it delightfully small and easy to handle but some,
with mitts for hands I assume, have trouble with the narrow diameter of the
lens. I have heard complaints and praise of the optics which leads me to
suspect that there my be some assembly variations. Try out yours extensively
in real world shooting and make sure you can return it if you do not like
the results. I have not seen the damaged rear elements that Stephen Gandy
talks about but if I were buying one now I would certainly be looking for
it. Shine a light through it as he suggests and, if you are keeping the
lens, have it professionally CLAed to protect your investment.

John Collier