Subject: [Leica] tele-elmarit 90
From: Howard Davis <HDavis@slcearch.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 11:46:00 -0600

I recently had my eye on a thin version of the tele-elmarit 90. To me its
tiny size seems a perfect realization for the original concept of the leica
as miniature photography. Why was this lens discontinued in favor of the
much larger 90s? I have read that this particular lens is often attacked by
fungus that does irreversible damage to the rear element. Is this the reason
this lens is no longer in production? Should I not buy this lens? Or if I
should, what is a reasonable price to pay for a tele-elmarit 90?
Howard