Subject: Re: [Leica] A day in the life
From: Harrison Mcclary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 19:38:56 -0600

once upon a time Austin Franklin wrote:

> I don't believe it would be a power surge that killed your strobe...perhaps
> the outlet was wired incorrectly?

Checked the outlet...one of the first things I did and it was ok.

I spoke with White Lightning today when I picked up my repaired strobe and
they said it was a power surge that killed it.

Talk about customer service...Paul C Buff Inc has it in spades, absolutely
the best I have ever come across.  I dropped off one dead strobe and one
that was questionable after yesterdays events at 4pm yesterday.  I picked up
both units repaired at 2pm today and both were covered under warranty.

I can't say enough how pleased I am and have always been with White
Lightning/Paul C Buff Inc.  BTW I have nothing to do with them other than
use their products and live in the same city they are built in.

Now if Leica had service like they do I might still be shooting Leica R
- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net