Subject: [Leica] SprintScan 4000
From: Guy Washburn/Laura Reiner <rgw@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 06:57:43 -0500

Hi Chris,

I purchased the Polaroid after a careful comparison with the Nikon. All
the hype about the Nikon 3.6 D was not visible in slides I scanned on
both scanners.
The Polaroid had much better detail in the shadows. It is important to
download the new Insight Pro 4.0 software available on the web site, it
is much better then the 3.5 which came with my scanner. I tried Viewscan
but found it's UI too clunky for general work.
The 4000 lets me make beautiful 13x19 prints with my Epson 1200 printer.

I'm really happy with it and am happy to answer any questions you have
on or off list.

Guy

>Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:38:44 -0800
>From: Chris Hoover <cdhoover@invitrogen.com>
>Subject: [Leica] 19mm manual?

>Regarding the slide scanner, has anyone tried the Polaroid SprintScan?
>I'm looking for a slide/neg scanner and really like the Nikon's
>SuperCoolScan, but
>Wonder if they'll soon offer a higher resolution version like the 4000
ppi
>Polaroid.

>I would guess that with 2700 dpi scans of 35mm negs, you can print nice

>8x10s and
>acceptable 11x14s (at 300dpi with an Epson or similar inkjet). But with
4000
>dpi scans,
>you should be able to make pretty good 16x20s.

>Thanks,
>Chris Hoover

PS: Use a G3/400 at home. Made wife nervous recently by setting up LAN