Subject: [Leica] 35/1.4 M
From: Robert Appleby and Susan Darlow <laintal@tin.it>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 13:21:37 +0100

I've been using the new asph 35/1.4 for a while now and am very impressed
with its overall characteriustics, which seem to leave the 35/2.0 R lens in
the dust. But I have noticed that woith a sharply focused dark edge against
a medium/light background I get definite colour fringing (over a very small
area) and the same sort of effect that you get with over-enthusiatic use of
the sharpen filter in Photoshop - the edge detaches from the background and
is delimited by a definite zone of brightness. Is all this normal for this
lens? I shoot E100SW almost exclusively.
The overall look of slides made with this lens, though, is simply stunning
- - luminous, sharp and yet gentle colour, especially with natural light. I
think I'm going to have to get another M lens...

Rob.
Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow
Via Bellentani 36
41100 Modena