Subject: [Leica] Leica handling/sep. meter/Mac
From: Alan Magayne-Roshak <amr3@csd.uwm.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 19:30:09 -0600

So as not to be a lurker, here are my opinions: No other cameras have the
small size, correct placement of controls and (most loved) rounded ends of
the bodies that make holding and using Leicas so wonderful.  Others have
said this before, but I agree that taking pictures with a Leica is almost
subconscious.  I have to use Canon EOS gear on the job, but they're so
complicated that it's refreshing to have a limited number of controls to
worry about when I want to enjoy photography.  (FWIW to the LUG, I've won
75 awards from the Wisconsin News Photographers Assoc., University
Photographers Assoc. of America, Wisconsin Industrial Photographers Assoc.
and the most taken with any one camera brand were Leica shots.  One was
even a screw mount. Leicas feel part of me.)

I like the simplicity of the M3 for black & white, where I usually just
guess the exposure from experience and develop by inspection.  For color,
my favorite meter is a Sekonic Studio Deluxe.  No batteries needed for
camera or meter!

I'm trying to keep life simple with computers too.  I use a PowerMac 8500
at the office, and have NO computer at home.

Alan Magayne-Roshak