Subject: Re: [Leica] Why I rarely post...
From: Stephen Gandy <leicanikon@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:43:27 -0800

"David W. Almy" wrote in part :

"What puzzles me is why you believe this should disqualify me for "membership" in
the Lug"

David, you make many excellent points,  ironically supporting my view.  Your
insight and experience is valuable to the rest of the LUG, that is the reason why
you should make an occasional contribution.

It's my hope that if  all LUG members were required to make a minimum numbers of
postings, the increased participation and learning would benefit us all.

Guessing, it seems to me about 10% of the LUG makes about 90% of the posts.  What
about the other 90% ??

To put a different spin on the question, why should people be allowed the
benefits of LUG discussions without contributing something themselves ??
Somehow, that does not seem very fair to me.

I know, limited participation is standard  in  most mailing lists, but why
shouldn't the LUG  aspire to something better than the norm ?

Stephen Gandy