Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Lenses and Filters
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 06:57:08 -0700

This comes up surprisingly frequently actually. There are five accepted
solutions. One, use an inexpensive screw in cap which I believe B & H sells
for around $8 (?). Two, use the newer Leica plastic 42mm slip-on cap that is
substantially deeper and has no problem fitting on securely (part number
14268). Three, use the 12585 shade and cap 14033 which fits over the
reversed shade. Four, get rid of that filter, which is doing you no favours
optically, then the standard cap works fine. Five, continue with the set up
you have and you will be able to periodically post about what a bunch of
dolts Leica designers are. ;-) In my experience door number five gets picked
the most often. ;-)  ;-) I personally pursued a combination of doors three
and four.

John Collier

It has always seemed odd to me that people would buy something cheap to
protect something cheap that was bought to protect something valuable. We
are obviously getting two cheap here!* ;-)  ;-)

*This was written for the soul** purpose of punning and is not meant to
insult anyone as I sometimes use filters for protection and many
photographers I admire both do and do not as well.

**misspelling intended.