Subject: Re: [Leica] opinion on film scanner
From: jacques leonard <email@videotron.ca>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 21:32:39 -0500

>I have a Canon CanoScan FS2710, and I am extremely happy with it. I've
>learned how to use the quirky but good software that comes with it. It
>scan scan APS as well as 35MM. I can get really great scans out of it,
>but I needed about a month of learning before I felt that I could call
>them "really great".

Hi Brian,

I am glad to hear from someone who has the FS2710 as this is probably the
scanner i will buy in the next few days.

Can I ask you a few questions about it?

1-With what type of computer do you use it? (I have a Mac G-4) If you have
a Mac, do you have any special recomendations regarding its use with this
computer?

2-Does it really give good scans with Kodachrome slides and b&w negs?

3-I understand there is no problem of feeding it with mounted slides. On
the other hand, can I leave my b&w negs in 6 frames strips and make scan of
anyone of them? I would not like to cut my negs stips for the sole purpose
of scanning.

Thanks for your help!

Jacques leonard
j.leonarddesigner@videotron.ca
web site at:
www.jlda-design.com

PS: Almost all my b&w pictures are taken with my Leicas!