Subject: [Leica] Film & Airport Security X-Ray Machines
From: Robert Clark <rclark@desupernet.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 15:08:40 -0500

Hello everyone:
Just bought some Ilford Delta 100 & 400, some T400CN, and a few rolls of
Fujichrome and Kodachrome for my upcoming trip to Paris.  I have some
international travel experience, but have only taken some basic Kodak
100ASA film for snapshots.  Now that I'm trying to do more with my new
Leica, I decided to be a little more serious about taking pictures while
in Paris.  Should I be concerned about my film going through the metal
detector in my camera bag?  How about exposed film in my camera or in
the cartridge upon my return.  I understand that more than a few people
remove the film from the boxes and containers, place it in a plastic
bag, and ask for a visual inspection instead of sending it through the
machine.  I'm thinking this is what I'll do on my way over and at the
return gate at Charles de Gaulle with my exposed film.

Any advice or suggestions will be read, remembered, and appreciated!

Robert Clark
Lancaster, PA