Subject: Re: [Leica] Duncan and Mydans and Nikkor Lenses
From: Jay Kumarasamy <jayk@cisco.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 00:55:11 -0800 (PST)

Marc,

> top-quality items.  But that law of diminishing returns does not observe
> the International Date Line.  A binocular which costs $2,000 to produce in
> Wetzlar at the Hensoldt plant for Zeiss will cost $2,000 to produce by
> Luitpold in the US or $2,000 for Pentax to make.  Quality costs, and there
> are no cheap answers to the best.

I agree.  If I can afford, Iam willing to pay for quality.  If I can't afford,
Iam still willing to pay for it.  Now, speaking of binoculars, Oh! I better not
speak.  If you remember, we had a long discussion on this, about a year back.
Fortunately, it was on RUG.  On LUG, mum is the word.  I better thread softly
on this list ;-)

- - Jay