Subject: [Leica] Off-topic : How do CCDs capture images ? Info. inside.
From: Pitak Chenkosol <pitakc@ee.pdx.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 21:44:16 -0800 (PST)

Dear LUGGERs,

There seems to be some interests in CCDs, I think I can provide you with
some sources of information.

Go to http://www.tmworld.com/articles/04_1999_CCD.htm where you will
find an article on how CCDs chips capture images including how to transfer
captured images to off-chip circuits. Don't forget to check out the references
amd the further readings at the end of the article.

For state-of-the-art CCDs chips go to http://www.pv-inc.com/
where you will find more info. of high-resolution CCDs (up to 4096x4096 pixels).
They also provide technical documents for those who would like to know more.
I recommend the paper "Back-Illuminated CCD Imagers for High Information Content
Digital Photography". It is located in the tutorial section of the site.
You need the Adobe Acrobat to read it.

Have fun.

Regards,

Pitak

- --
Pitak Chenkosol, Dept. Electrical Eng.,|  " I was born not knowing and have
Portland State University,             |    only had a little time to change
P.O. Box 751, Portland, OR 97207-0751. |    that here and there."
E-mail: pitakc@ee.pdx.edu              |                Richard P. Feynman