Subject: RE: [Leica] Alan Harvey "Cuba"
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 15:01:35 -0800

Tina

>>Does anybody know what "small flash" he is referring to?<<

One of his messages had streaming video. The image was tiny so I couldn't
tell for sure, but it looked like a Vivitar 283. I have a 283 and also a
smaller Vivitar 224. The 224 is ideal for an M6. It's like a mini 283 --
only uses 2 AAs, smaller but has less power.

I noticed that Dave Harvey had a small diffuser (small box type) on the
flash and he tilted the head up about 45 degrees. I'm not sure if the
diffuser was homemade, or the kind you can buy. With the diffuser and
bounce it wouldn't suprise me if he did in fact use a 283, as he might need
the extra power. Especially since he was shooting Velvia (relatively slow).
OTOH, he's most of his flash shots were in fairly close so I can't be
certain. I'll have to look again.

David.