Subject: RE: [Leica] When 15 is not Wide Enough
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 12:46:01 -0000

The other item that looked to be on one of the lower photographs seems to be
a right angle viewer for the 15mm Heliar lens, good news if you're shooting
from ground level I suppose. this seems to appear on the Cosina/Voigtlander
stall as the camera in the background is the Bessa-R with 35/2.5 'pancake'
lens, both of which I believe have yet to go on sale officially.

Again, as in the 15mm Heliar, the design of the 12mm lens is not retrofocus
in the sense that it could fit onto an SLR, though neither is it purely a
simple (!) configuration with it's node 12mm off the film plane as it sits
too far off the front of the camera for that. The designers have once again
created something totally new, it seems incredible that so much ground
breaking innovation can be achieved in such a short space of time. The
atmosphere in that company must be vibrant!

Jem