Subject: RE: [Leica] When 15 is not Wide Enough
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 12:08:12 -0000

Stephen,

thanks for the picture reference. I looked around a few sites yesterday but
couldn't find anything. Kind of you to post this on.
Now they need to introduce a full frame fish-eye and a circular image
fish-eye and that should about wrap up the wide angle side of things, unless
of course, they can think of some other new designs!

I still marvel at the wonderful sharpness of my 16mm f2.8 F-distagon which I
had adapted to work on my Leica-M. It came off a Rolleiflex 35Me,
eventually, as it had seemed to be glued in place, and as a consequence was
only 70 GBP for the two items (camera and body).
I had an adapter made and then made a viewfinder myself out of a security
viewer showing the correct field of view across the diagonal, 180 degrees.
Ad hoc perhaps but then framing is never going to be perfect with extreme
wide angles. Some of the guys at Photokina last time got to see it.

Jem