Subject: Re: [Leica] M winders
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 15:59:22 -0700

It sounds like you had the first M4-2 winder which was solenoid operated
through an easily maladjusted linkage involving the release button/
actuating rod to the winder switch. It commonly would trigger the winder
when the release button was pressed halfway even though the shutter had not
fired. Terrible noises then ensued. The later winder is much more reliable.

John Collier