Subject: Re: [Leica] LTM?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 18:58:28 -0500

At 05:51 PM 3/8/2000 +0000, john wrote:
>I have noticed that many here refer to older Leica cameras and lenses as LTM
>(Leica thread Mount).

This is a phrase that, to MY uncertain knowledge, was invented by the great
Peter Dechert, who passed it on to me.  I suspect I am the lad who has
popularized it -- read my book on LTM lenses!  And I have just kept on
using it, and using it, and using it, as it is convenient.  And I am
persistent.  So, it has caught on.

But the credit goes to Peter, as Peter deserves so much credit for how I
perceive the camera business of the Postwar years.  As Bob Pins snorts,
'Hell, Dechert is a SCHOLAR", and, frankly, so he is!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!