Subject: [Leica] Re: The Machiavellian LUG
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 19:04:02 -0800

Buzz

>>As to Mark Rabiner, certainly my least favorite
contributor, I suggest that we take up a contribution so that the poor man
can take a basic literacy course and perhaps earn his GED.  Failing that,
perhaps we can hire a necromancer who can devise a spell which will simply
make him shut up.  Trust me, regardless of his few vocal defenders, a great
many people share this opinion.<<

I'll chime in here, only because I've met both Mark and Mike in person. In
fact, I've met many Lug members, though not as many lately because I
haven't traveled much.

I know Mark through the LUG. But we also meet for coffee at least once each
week, along with a number of other LUG members. We review each other's work
and we discuss photography. You won't find a more dedicated M user than
Mark.

I know that Mark shoots a LOT more film than I do -- to the tune of a brick
every week or two. Further, he knows his way around a darkroom (which is
good because I get lost in his, it's so big). He has a very significant
body of work. It puts mine to shame and my body of work -- in the words of
Adam Sandler --  is not too shabby. I'd hate to see Mark, Mike, or anyone,
leave the LUG.

I'll just offer a suggestion here that we share opinions and related
comments of a photographic nature. When it comes right down to it, we all
have a great deal in common.

By the way, isn't it cool where they placed the GEDs on the Bessa L?

David

PS I will fault Mark for using Nikon SLRs. But nobody's perfect.