Subject: [Leica] Re: Voigtlander Nokton
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 18:04:49 -0800

Douglas

>>While we're weighing in on non-Leica lenses that get discussed by
Leicaphiles:  I've yet to be bowled over by the Zeiss 50/1.4, the supposed
benchmark for normal lenses.<<

I'm a little surprised by that. Though I'm moving to Leica R and selling
all my Contax SLR equipment the one lens I'm keeping is the 50/1.4 Planar.
It is probably the best lens I've found in terms of price vs performance
(especially considering how little I'd get for it). I'd put it up against
any lens, 50/1.4 or otherwise. I just wish I could get it converted to
Leica R mount.

David