Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:50mm f1.5 Nokton question
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 18:39:39 -0800

At 5:40 PM -0800 3/6/00, drodgers@nextlink.com wrote:
>John,
>
>>>Going up one stop from the summicron is something I want to
>do as I shoot wide all the time(metaphorically speaking). If I am willing
>go a 1/3 stop less, as a 1/3 of a stop is "meaningless", it is only 2/3 of
>stop more than the summicron. Silly reasoning but there it is. I do know I
>need that extra stop and I want all of it that I can get.<<
>
>I looked at the Nokton. I haven't used one yet. I was intrigued by the fact
>that it's (significantly) bigger than my 50/1.4 Summilux M, but it weighs
>about the same as my 50/2 DR Summicron. I'm a fan of small lenses. In fact,
>that 25 Skopar looks interesting just because it's so small. Somebody wore
>their thinking cap when they designed that lens, and the 15 Heliar. I
>wonder if they're ever going to be make either in Leica BM.

You must have looked at the large version of the Nokton <g>. Mine is
smaller than the Summilux. Maybe you looked at one with the hood and
lenscap on. The lenscap fits over the hood, and _that_ combo looks larger.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com