Subject: Re: [Leica] Hexar RF
From: Jeff Spirer <jeffs@hyperreal.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 14:32:17 -0800

At 01:27 PM 3/6/00 -0700, John Collier wrote:

>I did not find the shutter
>speed display annoying but it does not look to be as accurate as the M when
>in manual mode. There does not seem to be accurate part stop indication in
>manual. Anyone who owns one care to comment?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, but will try to answer what it
sounds like you are asking.  It does respond to change of the aperture in
between f-stops.  It will also indicate that the shutter speed is a value
that you can't set in manual mode, i.e., it will give you two adjacent
recommended shutter speeds when you are in-between.  Shifting a half-stop
will change this.  None of this is immediately obvious if you aren't
familiar with the display.

It gives a better indication of speed than my Mamiya 7 does, FWIW.

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.hyperreal.org/~jeffs/gallery.html
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/
Axiom Records: http://www.hyperreal.org/axiom/