Subject: [Leica] Hexar RF
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 13:27:23 -0700

Finally the Hexar RF has arrived here in the Frozen North. I only had a
chance for a quick look but that will not stop me from blathering on
inexpertly. First impression.... what a cute camera. I liked it right away
and, if Leica does not produce the mythical M6AE at Photokina, I will buy
one. It is very quiet for a motorised camera, just a faint whirr, not the
annoying "zeeet" of so many cameras. The viewfinder is slightly dimmer, has
a grey cast to it and the framelines are Smaller! Big revelation! So it
would only be a wide angle camera for me. The rangefinder patch did not seem
to have the sharp edges that the Ms have. they are just slightly soft and
only noticeable when compared to an M finder. I did not find the shutter
speed display annoying but it does not look to be as accurate as the M when
in manual mode. There does not seem to be accurate part stop indication in
manual. Anyone who owns one care to comment? Please remember this is all
with about ten minutes of playing with the camera, so, those of you who
know, correct me; do not flame me.

John Collier