Subject: Re: Subject: Re: [Leica] Dealers / KEH
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 09:57:48 -0500

At 08:49 PM 3/5/2000 -0500, Andrew Churak wrote:
>Did anyone suggest / actually use a escrow service to
>protect themselves from a unscrupulous seller ?
>These services charge a fixed percent of the total sale of the
>item for there service to the buyer of the item.

I've used "escrow services" on occasion, but these have always been a
mutual acquaintance we both trust.  I've never used a paid service, and
probably wouldn't.

But, then, I buy very little from folks I do not already know, save at
camera shows.  I have had problems with one or two dealers in getting
refunds on misadvertised gear, but I suspect this was inadvertence rather
than intention -- after all, I don't always ship promptly myself!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!