Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica vs. Contax wars
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 13:47:44 -0500

At 10:22 AM 3/3/2000 -0000, Jeremy Kime wrote:
>Thanks, one of the reasons for my wanting to check this (not having read the
>article) was that my TEWE finder has an engraving on the bottom forward
>facing sloping foot whereas the one in the Feininger photo doesn't.
>I'm 100% happy that its a TEWE and my new finder is inconsequential, but
>very nice. ;-)

TEWE also made its finders without the TEWE name on it.  I have both the
TEWE and the "anonymous" model, precisely identical save for the missing logo.

I do have a copy of one of Feininger's books I'll sell you, though I cannot
recall whether he discusses the Leica picture in it.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!