Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R4
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 18:17:18 GMT

R4's have a poor reputation for reliability, particularly models below
serial number 16000000.  That said, if the camera still works fine now it
may well have been repaired and could work well for you.  I have an R4 that
I have used for quite a while and love.  Some don't like the R cameras, but
I find them to be the best SLR's I have used.  They feel, sound and work
with finesse that is lacking in other brands.  Of course the lenses are
generally superb also!

Best wishes
Dan States
Chicago Illinois