Subject: [Leica] Need Help on Choosing 135/4 Tele Elmar
From: pfang <pfang56@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 08:39:30 -0800 (PST)

Folks -

I'm in the market for purchasing a 135/4 Tele Elmar
M...and I believe there are several different
generations, each pointing to varying levels of
picture quality...

What are the distinguishing characteristics for these
generations of the 135/4? Filter Size? Focusing Ring?
Model Numbers?

I've had an opportunity to go on the cameraquest site,
and it seems like there are three presented (btw...if
you can describe the difference between a "knurled"
vs. a "ribbed" focusing ring, I'd like to know)...on
the "leica papers" site, there are two presented...

What are the major differences? Any pictures? Any
recommendations? Price Ranges?

thanks,

Peter